High impact organisations tend to be exceptionally adaptive. They are able to listen, learn and modify approaches in response to contextual cues.
An appropriate framework for monitoring and evaluating an organisation's programmes, performance and impacts is a critical element that enables adaptation. Sound Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems facilitate informed decision-making with regards to internal validity, impact assessment, and strategic relevance.
Many entrepreneurs and leaders often highlight that monitoring, measuring and communicating social impacts and organisational performance can be tricky. Some barriers that are often highlighted include difficulties in tracing the route(s) to impact and in identifying and collecting relevant data.
At MT Impact Consulting we work with clients to help them overcome key barriers and to develop the most appropriate M&E frameworks and systems for their organisations, that allow them to monitor and measure the social value they create in a consistent way. This enables them to communicate clearly and credibly where and how they create value, and to adapt, innovate and remain relevant.
Our services in this area include:
- Design of M&E frameworks, that clearly reflect an organisation's theory of change
- Development of social accounting systems
- Stakeholder mapping and dialogue
- Impact evaluations, including Social Return on Investment (SROI) analysis, and social auditing
- Impact documentation and communication, through storytelling techniques and media
Contact us. We would be very happy to discuss any thoughts or questions you may have regarding monitoring and measuring your organisation's impact.